- contaminated runway (= water patches, flooded - "standing water")
- LVP in operation
What's the restriciton for take-offs at night?
single take-offs only
(two-ship radar trail = single take-off)
What are the distances for formation take-offs?
not more than two if runway width <40 metres
multiple line-up: 300 metres in between
No section take-offs are allowed if...?
- at night or in LVP - contaminated runway - high bird activity reported - runway width less than 30m - dissimilar aircraft configurations or types - technical or operational restrictions (SAF manuals) dictate single take-off
For which aircrafts is a take-off over cable possible
Tiger and Hornet, only SINGLE
What can you expect if a F18 has to abort take-off?
with 100 kts or more: pilot may ask for the CFR to cool down brakes
Explain the use of short/long field cables + crash barriers.
landing for F5, F18 and PC21: long field cable and arresting barrier -> up
take-off for F5, F18, PC21: long field cable and arresting barrier -> up
landing with short field cable -> only possible for F18
What are the 3 possible missions for the UAS?
- fly traffic circuit (for landing or circuit training)
- mission within CTR/TMA (reconaissance, training)
- join up with chase plane (PC-6, if leaving airspace)