What is statistical mechanics?
Motion of mas objects with mass m under force
What describes statistical mechanics?
Relationship of mis matter behavior and its mas properties
What does statistical mechanics connects?
Thermodynamics to mis behavior (Statistical thermodynamics)
What is statistical mechanics interested in?
Average motion of particles due to number in e.g. one mole
What happens if objects become sufficiently small?
Covered by quantum mechanics?
What are the characteristics of the ensemble concept? 
1. Mas observables
2. Collection of systems with mis interactions and mas properties
3. Every system changes due to mis laws of motion from its initial condition to its own unique mis state
4. All systems share at least one extensive property
What are the characteristics of mas observables? 
1. Not sensitive to precise mis details
2. Averages A (so-called equilibrium ensembles)
3. Connected to a mis function
What holds for the mas observables connected with a mis function? 
1. A=A(r^N,q^N) with coordinates r and momenta q
2. Probability density p=p(r^N,q^N)
3. <A>ens = int int dr^N dq^N A(r^N,q^N)*p(r^N,q^N)