Aerobic-Exercise: sweating, significant effect in decreasing depression.
Generalized Anxiety Disorder
- An anxiety disorder in which a person is continually tense, apprehensive, and in a state of autonomic nervous system arousal. Excessive worry and anxiety without a specific cause. Elevated blood pressure, increased heart rate, muscle tension, sweating, and shaking.
- An anxiety disorder marked by unpredictable, minutes-long episodes of intense dread in which a person experiences terror and accompanying chest pain, choking, or other frightening sensations.
- An anxiety disorder marked by a persistent, irrational fear and avoidance of a specific object, activity, or situation. Sense of endangerment or a fear of harm.
Ex: Agoraphobia: fear of being trapped in an inescapable place or situation.
Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD)
- An anxiety disorder characterized by haunting memories, nighmares, social withrdawal, jumpy anxiety, and/or insomnia that lingers for four weeks or more after a traumatic experience.
- Psychological disorders characterized by inflexible and enduring behavior patterns that impair social functioning.
- Cluster A: Odd or Eccentric Disorders
Schizoid Personality Disorder: rare, affects more men than women. Detached from others, cold, uninterested, withdrawn.
- Cluster B: Dramatic, Emotional, or Erratic Disorders
Histrionic Personailty Disorder: excessive but shallow emotions & attention-seeking. Exaggerated symptoms of weakness/illness.
Cluster C: Anxious or Fearful Disorders
Avoidant Personality Disorder: 1% of adults in U.S. Extreme shyness, sensitive, low self-esteem, avoidant to social situations.