In classical aircraft engineering, an aircraft is subdivided in which three groups?
airframe, engine and systems
What are the three system groups of an A/C?
Structure, vehicle system, avionic system
What is the function of the airframe?
- complex and integrated set of structural components
- supports the mass of systems and PAX
- carries loads and stresses
- also known as the “platform”
What is the function of the vehicle system?
- also known as general or utility system
- enables the A/C to fly safely
- provides an adequate environment for crew and PAX